Thursday, January 03, 2008

Carson's First Day of "School"

Today was a big day in the Rader household! It was Carson's first day of "school" at the local YMCA daycare. Friends and family kept asking me if I was sad. I was 20% sad and 80% was thrilled to be back in action, working without my sidekick. Let's face it, he's an active, loud little guy and it is quite challenging to work with him running and screaming into my phone. The only part that made my heart heavy was his new nap situation. He's always been a good sleeper and loves his cozy crib in his dark, quiet room. So it was really hard for me to imagine him adjusting to sleeping on a cot with ten or more other toddlers side by side.

I didn't call to check on him. I really didn't have time as I was on my phone with clients or agents all day long. I did wonder around one if he was sleeping or staring at all the other kids wondering why he was sitting on a cot. When Jeremy and I picked him up at 4:30, he looked like a crazy college kid who'd pulled an all nighter studying for finals. His cheeks were red, his eyes were swollen, his speech was slurred. It turns out he hadn't slept AT ALL!! Nor had he eaten lunch. But according to his report card, he had a great day singing songs, pretend cooking in the kitchen, and he didn't bite or hit anyone. Sounds like fun!

We got him home and he was a MAJOR crankpot! He wouldn't eat dinner and kept saying, "night night". We threw him in the bath at 6 pm instead of 7 pm and then tried to get him in bed. He cried and cried and cried. Finally we gave in and threw him a binkie. Out like a light.

Here are the pics from his first day. He saw me packing my briefcase and decided he needed to pack a bag too. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the camera bag couldn't go with him to school.




No comments:

Post a Comment

How Old is Carson?

How Old is Keaton?