Friday, March 12, 2010

Poor Buddy!

My dear sweet Buddy has slept through the night since he was around 3.5 months old. Even when he was sick with a cough and cold last week, he slept through it all.

Two nights ago at 2:13 am, we were woken up by blood curdling screaming. Nothing I did consoled my baby.

Binkie spit out, more screaming.

Bottle accepted and finished but screaming immediately afterward.

Rocking chair, more screaming

Nothing was working. I walked laps around his little room, bouncing him, praying he wasn't waking up everyone else and wondering what on earth was happening.

This went on for the rest of the night. He would finally stop screaming, fall asleep abruptly, sleep 15-30 minutes but then wake up screaming again.

It was AWFUL! I felt so helpless.

Such a horrible feeling to not know why your baby is in pain and not be able to take it away.

I slept a few minutes here and there in the rocking chair with Keaton in my arms.

We were able to get into the doctor at 9:45. Thank goodness for same day appointments!

So sad for him but so glad the doctor was able to locate the source of his pain.

Little Buddy was suffering from a double ear infection!

Fortuntely he responded very well to the antibiotics and a dose of Motrin. Within 45 minutes he was already sleeping soundly.

My baby is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Old is Carson?

How Old is Keaton?