Monday, October 15, 2007

Cleaning up the barn for Halloween

Having a kid changes your world. Jeremy and I always used to do all of our projects together. From cleaning to building to decorating, we were always a team. One of the hardest things for me to adjust to so far is not being able to help Jeremy since I have to watch Carson. It has been fairly frustrating for me. So it's really nice now that Carson is so independent and can play while Jeremy and I work on tasks together. Carson stays pretty close to us and can stay very busy with odds and ends. I love it!

So we took a few hours on Sunday getting the barn ready for the annual Halloween party. It is amazing, amazingly ridiculous, how much STUFF two young (we still count as young at 32 years old) people can collect when given an unlimited amount of space, aka, the barn. We both inherited our parents need to save everything because you never know when it might come in handy. Ridiculous!

We did our best to consolidate bins, get rid of garbage, and put together a pile for Goodwill. That still left 11 bins of Christmas, 8 bins for Halloween, 4 bins of books, 10 bins of "garage" stuff including (but not limited to) sports, painting, tiling, electrical, plumbing, etc, etc. Ridiculous. I should really take a picture of it to do it justice.

AT ANY RATE, Carson was just too cute out in the field picking apples for me to resist taking a break and a few pictures!


Lookly closely at his grubby little brown paws!



No comments:

Post a Comment

How Old is Carson?

How Old is Keaton?