Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gege Beans

Carson's new daycare is so wonderful! I couldn't be happier! In addition to being just awesome, they are magical in potty training. Carson is peeing on the potty 2-3 times a day for them. We're not as consistent at home but that's mostly my fault. I'd say 1-2 times a day for us.

It's all about the "gege bean" reward for Carson.

The checker at the grocery store last night told me, "It's not bribery, it's inspiration!"

My two issues right now with potty training revolve around pee since we haven't experienced poop yet (and boy am I dreading that).

Issue #1: Whoever designed training potties never actually tried them out with toddler boys. The "pee guard" is an inch or so wide by an inch tall. Works great if Carson is square on the pot and mostly aimed down. God help you if he is even 3 degrees off center. It shoots straight up and over the potty. Right onto his pants and the floor.

Issue #2: The very second he thinks he is finished, Carson jumps off the pot and runs to the kitchen for his gege bean. As I type this, I realize operator error might be at fault . . . why on earth don't I keep the inspiration in the bathroom?? But anyway, inevitably, as he jumps up, the last drop of pee flies onto the floor.

I did a little research and apparently this is a common male problem, "No matter how much you shake and dance, the last two drops go in your pants."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Old is Carson?

How Old is Keaton?