Saturday, July 25, 2009

Keaton Count Down

Wow! Hard to believe I'm 33 weeks pregnant already. As most everyone knows, I am SO READY TO BE DONE!!! When asked when I'm due, I state in 4-7 weeks. I am PRAYING for an early baby to arrive at 37 weeks.

We had a moment of panic looking at the calendar Monday and realizing we were down to 3-4 weekends at home before my due date. And anticipating an early birth, that left us with very little time to tear down the office (nice word for junk, file pile, catch all room).

To help the panic subside, we canceled this weekend's camping trip and signed up Nana for babysitting to get the nursery ready. As I type, the 2nd coat of paint is drying, a lovely shade of brown.

We also canceled our August camping trip. Suddenly camping at 36 weeks pregnant just doesn't seem like a smart idea.

Murphy's Law right . . . if we do all this in preparation for an early arrival, the kid will be late. If we were to leave things to the last minute and camp 1.5 hours away from home, an early birth might just really happen.

As much as I'd like to be a risk taker, I'm a Type A Planner and need everything to be in order.

The 32 week pre-natal appointment went well. Different midwife (they like you to meet all of them before the birth since you don't know who will be on call when you deliver). Nice lady. She looked at my file and asked me if I wanted her to check my cervix.

I was very honest. NO because I really don't want to go on bed rest, work is just way too busy. She was very kind and said no problem. But if my contractions start happening more than 4 times in an hour and go on for more than 3 hours, I have to call in.

Fair enough. I like her.

But the problem is I can't really remember what contractions feel like. Sometimes I think I'm having them and other times I think Keaton is just twisting from side to side.

The crazy thing is that all the rest of my pre-natal appointments are now scheduled AND I'm pre-registered at the hospital!!

I'm "all baby" again. This time it looks hilarious. Probably did last time too but everyone comments on it. I've gained 15 pounds which is less than the 22 pounds I'd gained with Carson at 33 weeks. Pretty happy with that. My goal weight gain is 20 pounds so right on track for that.

My weakness on these extraordinary hot days (and, honestly, on the not so hot days too) is a McDonald's vanilla cone. 150 calories and 3 grams of fat. Not a bad snack at all! Thank God for drive-thrus.

32 weeks with Keaton
32 weeks with Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Old is Carson?

How Old is Keaton?