Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My First Sad Moment

I sometimes want to hit the fast forward button for Keaton so he can sit up, crawl, walk, be more independent.

But I don't want to wish away my last baby days.

I packed up the 0-3 month baby clothes without a second thought. Loved that they would be used by another cute little boy in someone else's family.

I did feel a funny little butterfly in my stomach when I washed and folded the swaddle blankets for the last time but brushed it off.

Today, I pulled the puffy head bolster out of Keaton's car seat so he could see his brother in better in the back seat. It was more of an experiment than anything.

But halfway through the day, I realized that the bolster was never going back in.

For the first time, I felt a little sad.

Not sad enough to want a third child but sad enough to pause, and realize that my last baby is growing up, and quickly. He'll be 5 months old in just 5 days.

I don't want to wish away the days. I want to enjoy each one as I have it with my sweet, smiling boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Old is Carson?

How Old is Keaton?