Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Say what?

I am a translater of toddler-ese. I interpret for my husband, my sister, my mom and dad, and anyone else who needs to know what Carson is saying.

Would you understand him?

Blackee-beebees ........................Blackberries (my personal favorite)

Wome .......................................................... Home

Pop ............................................................... Stop

Bauk bauk ................................................... Egg

Neigh ........................................................... Horse

Cank-ca-wope ............................................ Cantelope

Tool ............................................................. Stool

Woo-woo .................................................... Dog

Nini .............................................................. Ian


And many many more.

Right now I have done something that I am not proud of but was at a loss and didn't feel like doing the nightly dinner battle.

My son is watching Nemo (for the 341st time), on the couch, with his dinner plate in his lap, and he is using a large toothpick to skewer his bite sized pieces of fried egg sandwich. He thinks it's just like the samples at Costco and is eating every bite.

I am proud to say that I won my eBay auction for less than my maximum and Carson's Halloween costume is heading to the UPS office now! I'm not thrilled with his choice but he's soooo excited! I thought I had one year left to pick his costume and transform him into some adorable animal that everyone would want to just eat up. Let's just say that he picked a character from his favorite movie (see above for reference).

We have also entered the infamous toddler boot phase. He has worn his rubber boots every day this week. His feet stink like a 250 pound man wrapped in plastic wrap. It's disgusting and adorable all at once.

I also discovered that after 6 months of giving Carson a "multivitamin" - I was really giving him a calcium gummy. Crap. I was just nominated for Worst Mother of the Year, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Old is Carson?

How Old is Keaton?