Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Annual Christmas Tree Hunt

The skies were cloudy and grey but the rain held off for the annual Kuntz family tree hunt! This was our 4th year going to the Helvetia Tree Farm. They have an EXCELLENT selection of trees and the sweetest St. Bernards to keep you company.

My favorite part is when we all take turns at tree shaker. It is simply hilarious watching someone try to hold onto their tree while getting the snot shook out of them. I got to try it this year and couldn't stop laughing as pine needles flew into my mouth and one especially naughty branch kept whacking me in the face.

Carson had a very important job this year. He had to hold onto each tree as we cut it down. He took it very seriously as you will see in the pictures.

Mutley, the St. Bernard, was carrying around a "barrel" of candy canes around his neck for small children.
Holding the tree is very important! This one small branch will keep the tree from falling on Daddy!Poppa! I got this one! I'll hold the tree for you!
Yay! No rain!

I love you Nana!
Liza! You're so silly!
Just a quick look back!
Christmas 2006
Christmas 2007
Christmas 2008
And now the 10 crates of Christmas decor waiting to get unpacked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Old is Carson?

How Old is Keaton?