Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Oops

Poor Carson. I missed a dose or two of Mirilax over the holiday weekend. Stopped up for three days now.

It's painful to watch him struggle to push out a cement block with no success. For two days now.

Last night, I snuck a suppository up the shute. Only there's no sneaking with a glycerin stick and I felt so terrible as he cried and cried. "GET IT OUT! GET IT OUT!"

No retrieving possible, sorry kid.

The package said it would work in 15-30 minutes. We waited.

And waited.

And waited. 60 minutes later, I read the package again. EXPIRED.

PANIC. What does this mean?

It's now 9:30, two hours past Carson's bedtime. He's pooped (not literally). We give up.

We walk up the stairs and I tell him how sorry I am for sticking his medicine "up there" and he says, "It's okay Mommy. I love it."

5:24 am rolls around and I am woken with "Mommy, I have to poop".

Lightening fast I jump out of bed thinking this is the moment!

Unfortunately just anothe false alarm. And it's still only 5:30 am. He's not supposed to be up for another 70 minutes and there's no going back to sleep now!!

I overloaded a straight shot of apple juice with Mirilax, put a pull-up on him "in case his bottom didn't listen to him very well" and sent him off to school.

I am oh so curious as to how this evening will go. And when do I call the doctor?

AND WHAT HAPPENS TO AN EXPIRED SUPPOSITORY!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Old is Carson?

How Old is Keaton?